MEGAWIDE Development Corp. reported on Tuesday that its original Proponent Status (OPS) was revoked by the government for the planned renovation project of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

“Today, the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) confirmed the revocation of the original designation of proponent of the Megawide and GMR Infrastructure Collaborations,” Megawide said in a Viber release.

Megawide stated that it would “immediately make a proposal for reconsideration” of the planned project.

“At all levels, Megawide has met with all the Government’s criteria and interpretations for its unsolicited plan. There are no justifiable reasons for refusing the Filipino citizens a transformed NAIA,” he added.

No justification for the revocation of the OPS was stated in the Megawide press release.

Last month, Megawide said that the National Economic and Growth Authority-Investment Coordinating Committee had ordered the complete submission of the specifications of the consortium “to show the capacities of the first-world NAIA.”

Megawide reported that it had sent additional documentation on Nov. 20 to show its financial capacity to pursue the scheme.

2 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here