People over 60 years old may have been thought of as gray seniors sitting in front of their televisions in the past. Nowadays, they are mostly enthusiastic types who like to go out and see and experience all kinds of things.
There are plenty of benefits for seniors, also in 2019 and 2020. In practice, older people can get all kinds of discounts. Not only from the tax authorities, but also from all kinds of companies. Not all seniors know this so make use of the possibilities that are available.
What is senior citizen ID and the requirements to get them?
The senior citizen id is issued by the Office of Senior Citizen affairs or the municipality where the elderly lives. You can get this for free as long as the you meet the criteria below.
- a Filipino Citizen
- at least 60 years old
- lives in the municipality at least six months
When applying for the senior citizen ID, make sure that you bring the requirements below.
- Recent one by one photo
- NSO Certified birth certificate
- A copy of any of your ID documents such as Voter’s ID (Comelec), Driver’s license, NBI Clearance, Police Clearance, Old Residence Certificate, Postal ID or any combination of identification documents confirming your name, date of birth and present address.
Benefits of Senior Citizens
20% discounts and VAT exemptions
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Doctor’s Professional fee
- Recreation centers and places of leisure
- Hotels and restaurants
- Domestic sea and air fares
- Public land transportation fares
- Funeral and burial services
5% utility discount
- Water and electric bill
50% discounts in buffet restaurants
- Manila hotel
- Buffet 101
5% off in some grocery stores (up to P1,300 per week)
- Bread, rice and corn
- Fresh Eggs
- Vegetables and fruits
- Coffee, creamer, milk and sugar
- Cooking oil and salt
- Noodles, canned sardines, and canned tuna
Admission fees privileges.
- Discounts on admission fees charged by theaters, cinema houses, and concert halls.
- Discounts on other similar places of culture, leisure, and amusement such as museums and parks.
Free vaccinations for indigent senior citizens.
- This includes influenza virus and pneumococcal disease vaccines; the vaccines are administered by the DOH.
Express lane privileges.
Can someone in behalf claim the senior citizen benefits?
This is definitely possible so long as the representative presents the senior citizen id or valid government id and authorization letter, although the letter may not be always required by most commercial stores.